The Frankopan Fund is an initiative of the Staples Trust. It aims to support
Croatian students in order to enhance the intellectual capacity and
international reputation of Croatia.
The Fund was established in 1999 and since then, has made over 110 awards
amounting to almost £370,000. The Fund now makes awards totalling £20,000 per
annum to, on average, 14 students each year.
- Applicants must be Croatian students wishing to pursue higher education;
- The Fund makes Scholarships of up to £2,000 per student, per annum and Awards
of £500 per student, per annum;
- Applicants wishing to pursue further studies at UK or other international
institutions are considered.
2. Priority is given:
- To postgraduate students;
- To students who have been successful in raising funds for their studies from
- To those individuals who are committed to enhancing the international
reputation of Croatia;
- To those individuals seeking to develop skills that will be valuable to
3. Application Requirements
If you believe that you are eligible, according to the strict guidelines and
priorities above, you will need to send the following information by e-mail (we
are unable to accept correspondence by post), in English, to firstname.lastname@example.org
- An up to date CV;
- A personal statement, explaining your background, motivations, reasons for
wanting to undertake this course of study;
- A copy of your letter of acceptance from the institution in question;
- An outline of the course – duration, curriculum, objectives;
- Details of fees and maintenance expenses;
- Details of funds already secured or expected;
- A personal reference;
- A professional reference.
You will receive an e-mail acknowledging receipt of your application.
Unfortunately we will not be able to consider your application if you have not
sent all of the above information. We regret that we are unable to take any
telephone, e-mail or written enquiries concerning the Frankopan Fund.
The deadline for applications has changed. The Trustees will now consider applications once per annum at their trust meeting in March of each year. The closing date for receipt of new applications this year will be Monday 13 February 2017.