Trustees are prepared to consider proposals so long as they closely match one of the following areas of interest:
Arts & Heritage UK
- Regional museums and galleries, with special consideration for curatorial support and acquisitions;
- The display, study and acquisition of British ceramics;
- Conservation of industrial, maritime and built heritage;
- Major museums, galleries and libraries (not normally large capital projects);
- Crafts (including rural crafts);
- Arts education/outreach and access to the arts for disabled and disadvantaged people;
- Headley Museums Archaeological Acquisition Fund.
Cathedrals & Major Churches
- Restoration or repair work to the fabric of ancient cathedrals, parish church cathedrals and large churches of exceptional architectural merit.
- Fabric repairs to listed medieval parish churches in sparsely populated and less prosperous rural areas in England & Wales;/li>
- Provision or upgrade of parish church toilet facilities and disabled access.
Arts & Heritage Overseas
- Conservation and recording of heritage (including ecclesiastical & vernacular architecture, archaeology and cultural artefacts), primarily in South Eastern Europe (Slovenia, Croatia, Albania, Macedonia, Bulgaria, Romania, Serbia, Montenegro, Bosnia-Herzegovina), but also in Turkey and Ethiopia;
- Raising awareness of heritage issues in these countries, supporting the capacity of new heritage NGOs, and training the next generation of conservation and heritage professionals.
Development projects in sub-Saharan Anglophone Africa, under the following general headings:
- Water – access to safe water, promoting better use of water resources and sanitation projects;
- Environment – sustainable farming and livelihood development;
- Education – helping girls’ to continue their education beyond primary school, students’ access to secondary and tertiary education and projects to improve the quality of teaching;
- Healthcare – care for mothers and infants and trachoma prevention and treatment programmes in Ethiopia;
- Emergency Appeals – primarily reserved for disasters in sub-Saharan African countries;
- UK graduate students in dance and postgraduate students in classical music.
- Vocational training in traditional crafts, conservation and heritage skills;
Health & Social Welfare
- support for older people to live independently for as long as possible;
- to improve older people’s quality of life in residential care homes, including supporting people with dementia;
- support for carers of older people, both locally and nationally;
- support for disadvantaged families and young people.
- small grants providing practical aids to disabled people (application form here)