The objects of the Trust are:
- to advance the Christian religion and to promote Christian organisations and the charitable purposes and institutions they support;
- to advance Christian education and learning.
The trustees’ priority areas are as follows:
Christian Evangelism and Relief Work Overseas.
- Programmes which build capacity through the training of the laity and clergy;
- The translation of Christian books and other materials;
- Provision of aid to the persecuted church;
- Priority areas are Anglophone sub-Saharan Africa, North Africa and the Middle East.
- Media projects that promote Christianity in the UK, North Africa and the Middle East;
- Training and networking projects for Christians working professionally in, or considering a career in, the media;
- Trustees are particularly interested in the creative use of digital media and the internet to promote Christianity;
- The Trust also funds Jerusalem Productions which, amongst other things, enters into co-productions with national broadcasters and runs the Jerusalem Awards for religious radio and internet productions.
- The development of Christian curriculum resource materials for schools in RE and across the curriculum;
- The support of RE as a subject, both in curriculum development and in supporting RE teachers and teacher training;
- The support, training and retention of Christian teachers in all subjects;
- Adult lay Christian training and education;
- Projects which encourage Christians in leadership in schools;
- To download a copy of the trustees’ current Education Strategy paper, please click here.
- Commissions of works of art for places of worship.
Evangelism and Christian Mission in the UK
- Christian projects that develop new ways of working with children and young people, in particular those working with children who have little or no contact with the church;
- Support for youth work and projects with young adults;
- Evangelistic projects, especially new and emerging evangelists;
- Work with prisoners, ex-prisoners and their families.